In this blog article, we provide an easy-to-follow implementation plan for integrating MailVideo into your sales team.
A Manager's Guide to Successfully Implementing MailVideo
Congratulations on deciding to boost your sales results with video messaging! Our clients have typically seen positive results on their conversion rate within the first 3-6 months. The key difference between teams who succeeds with video and teams who don’t is in how they implement MailVideo as a tool and method during the first 2-3 weeks. That’s why we have created this easy-to-follow implementation plan which we will adjust to your needs.
Before diving into the implementation, rally your team behind a strong "Why." Reflect on the following questions:
- Why should we start using video in our sales?
- What areas of our sales process will we be able to improve?
- How do we measure success? Which key performance indicators (KPIs) will improve?
Include your answers in the meeting invitation to your team for the first MailVideo workshop. Here's an invitation text you can use as inspiration:
Hi everyone! Sales teams that have implemented video messaging have seen improvements in closing rates, response rates, and meeting rates. Let's run an experiment with video messaging as a sales tool. We will start with a workshop by the MailVideo team. Before the workshop, you will receive a user invitation to MailVideo. Please log in and become familiar with the tool.
Prepare your MailVideo team account
To ensure your sales team sees value from day one, it's important to set up MailVideo properly. Here's what you need to do:
- Set up your MailVideo account. Learn how by clicking here.
- Upload existing video content, such as customer success videos, product demos, FAQs, and how-to videos, to your team library.
- Invite your sales team to join the MailVideo team by clicking on your profile bubble - settings - team.
Day 1: Workshop #1
Participants: Everyone using MailVideo + Team lead + MailVideo Consultant
The goal of the workshop is to help the sales team:
- Understand the value of video messaging and how it helps achieve their quotas.
- Learn how to use MailVideo for recording, editing, sharing, and tracking video messages.
- Feel motivated to follow the implementation plan.
Before the workshop, ensure that everyone has access to MailVideo and brings their own computer.
You can book workshop with a MailVideo consultant by contacting us. This is free of charge if you have purchased a MailVideo Business Subscription.
Day 2-15: Video Selling Certificate
After the workshop, most sales reps will feel inspired and see the potential value in video messaging. However, when it's time to start recording and sharing videos with prospects, many may feel uncertain and uncomfortable, questioning if it's worth it. That's why we've designed a Video Selling Certificate. The certificate is a short series of videos and tasks that teaches how to effectively engage prospects, build trust, and close deals using the power of video.
We strongly recommend all sales reps to complete the video selling certificate within the first 2 weeks of getting MailVideo. The Admin will be able to see how each sales rep progress on the Video Selling Certificate in the team settings. Make sure to follow up on the progress during the first weeks.
Day 15: Workshop #2
After completion of the Video Selling Certificate, we recommend booking a second MailVideo workshop for your team.
The goal of this workshop is to discuss and align as a team on how to best apply the learnings from the first workshop and the video selling certificate to your unique sales process.
During the workshop, each sales rep is asked to think about the following:
- What was your experience from completing the certificate?
- Did you reach your goals?
- What went well and what was challenging?
- Explore where you see the most value in using video messaging.
- Identify the biggest blockers to success and brainstorm solutions to overcome them.
- Determine if there are any generic videos missing from your library that would be valuable in the sales process.
The MailVideo coach will share best practices and tips for succeeding with video selling based on the discussion.
Making video selling a part of your everyday sales routine
After completing the two workshops and Video Selling Certificate, we hope that most of your sales team sees the value of video selling and feels motivated to incorporate video messaging into their daily sales process. It's important to recognize that the adoption of new tools and methods typically follows the technology adoption curve. Expect varying levels of enthusiasm and progress among your team members.
To ensure continued success, follow these strategies:
- Recognize and celebrate the early adopters' success and share their achievements with the rest of the team.
- Set KPIs for video messaging and track progress in status meetings.
- Foster continuous discussions on extracting the most value from video messaging and overcoming any challenges.
- Lead by example: Use MailVideo yourself and share videos internally to inspire your team.
- Provide support and address concerns of team members who are struggling with video messaging.
- Encourage the use of generic videos as an easy way to get started.
Implementing video messaging into your sales process with MailVideo has the potential to transform your results. Remember to stay committed, encourage each other, and embrace the power of video in your sales journey.
Happy video selling!
Your MailVideo Team